Welcome to eteach.com. Looking for Jobs in Education?

24 Dec 2008

Hello, Konichi Wa, Bonjour, As-Salam Alaykum, Ni Hao,

No.3 Zhongguncun Primary School, Beijing. The 600 pupils of the school were practicing a choreographed kung fu display in preparation for their performance at the opening ceremony of 2008 Beijing Olympic games! It was an amazing experience to watch and listen to the powerful music which accompanied this fantastic spectacle... School Principal and pupils had just presented our group with gifts including the official olympic mascots which I am holding...Hi my name is Colin Bell and I am passionate about Education… promoting cultural understanding, developing effective school workforces and creating international professional networks…

My role in Eteach is Head of Development for International Schools, connecting schools with our International talent pool of educational professionals. I have been involved in Education since qualifying from University reading a degree in Plant Sciences and then undertaking EFL teaching qualifications from Cambridge University, which led me to teach in the UK and overseas… I had a fantastic time teaching English in the Czech Republic and Japan for 3.5 years.

My students ranged from Early Years to University students, business leaders from Japanese industry and Military commanders from the Czech Armed forces. I returned to the UK and spent a couple of years recruiting teachers to schools across Asia allowing teachers to develop their career portfolios and karaoke skills…

Working in Local and Regional UK Government and studying for Chartered Institute of Marketing qualifications was my next move… I spent 6 years leading Recruitment, Retention and Marketing for Education and Children’s Services in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. During this time I worked with a variety of committed social partners including schools, Universities and government agencies. I chaired the South London Local Authorities School Workforce Recruitment Group, and I was seconded as Project Manager for the Government Office for London 'London Challenge' inner city schools recruitment programme.

Developing teachers and their global education leadership potential is area which I have particular experience having delivered National College for School Leaders (NCSL) leadership succession planning strategies and on behalf of the Department for Children’s Services and Families leading teachers International Professional Development study visits for groups of school leaders and teachers to China, Canada and the USA. This was a fantastic opportunity to share good practice, to visit a variety of schools and to meet educational professionals from around the world…

Lifelong learning is something I believe in and practice… through my role as a part time EFL lecturer in a London Further Education College I continue to teach and learn languages through interaction with multinational students. I also support the delivery of the United Nations Millennium goals volunteering as Communications Manager for a UNA UK London branch.

My 3 wishes are to…

1) complete another UK coast to coast bike ride this summer
2) grow a greater variety of exotic chillies
3) improve my Middle Eastern and Asian culinary skills

As you’ll already know your teaching qualifications and experience are a valid professional passport to rewarding and exciting career opportunities… get in touch to share your international teaching and travel experiences… foods, cultures, languages and achievements…

Goodbye, Sayonara, Au Revoir, Ma'a Salama, Zai Jian

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colin. Interesting blog. I taught in Japan for 9 years, and am now about to qualify as a Primary school teacher. I'd be interested in heearing more about International jobs available to someone with some fluency in Japanese, a lot of EFL experience, and qualified as a Primary teacher!

    Thanks

    James

    jamesfromwales@hotmal.com

    ReplyDelete

Post your views on this post. We look forward to hearing from you!