Welcome to eteach.com. Looking for Jobs in Education?

30 Jan 2009

Recruiting staff for schools through Eteach

Hello, I’m David McGahey and I’m the Managing Director of Eteach.

I’m responsible for the future development of our company and its services, for relationships with our many friends and partners in the Education world, and for the bids we make from time to time for recruitment contracts with local and national government.

I have long believed that if only the process of recruiting staff to schools could be improved to secure the best possible match of candidates to vacancies, then that would have an enormously beneficial impact on the quality of teaching and learning.

I have come increasingly to the conclusion that recruiting online is the way to achieve this. Education is behind the curve in this regard – in other sectors, including within the public sector, recruitment takes place almost exclusively via the web. The facility and efficiency of so doing is obvious. Less so, but more powerful, is the ability of online recruitment to secure the best match of job seeker and job vacancy – through sophisticated techniques of profiling and screening, and through the interconnection of social and professional networks. All of this is very exciting and seems set to keep us at Eteach very busy now and into the future.

So, what am I looking to get out of this blog. I will from time to time post my views and thoughts about the latest developments in Education recruitment. Next week, for instance, I will write about the DCSF’s proposed national Shared Recruitment Service for Schools. Moreso, however, I look forward to reading your thoughts and suggestions about how together we might improve recruitment to schools and colleges for the ultimate benefit of learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your views on this post. We look forward to hearing from you!